There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Killing Me Softly - War Stories

Rewriting. Short handing the first person's story in the frame. It's not vital but talks to what they're doing. It was one of two substories that I actually started the story, before I found out it was a Cthulhu tale. I had killed the other story. Now it's this one's turn.

But I keep adding it back in. Must... resist... overkill... not... needed...

Okay, if I type F-16 or HARM Missile one more time in the story, I'm going to have to have words with myself.

Three hundred words in and I've already cut 500+ words. Surgery with a chain saw. (Yes, it needed to be done, I have 1,300+ words still to be excised). Word count 6309.

edit It's now 11:34. I'm 2290 words in and we're at 6113 total words. So another 190 or so words and I got to put in a Warner Bros Cartoon allusion.

My favorite line so far? "Damn Qaeda, always throwing monkeys into the wrench-works." Hey, a Cthulhu story with humor.

No comments: