I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, July 26, 2008

MARGLE!

Okay, some joker has spoiled one of the main jokes of my book. Now, granted, I've done it a little differently, but I'll have to change some things.

I present to you (via Jay Lake) a Best of Criagslist entry Your Pets Will Not Be Flagged For Removal By Jesus During the Rapture.

Although, if I can criticize, this person isn't really very serious. Do they have a nationwide network, or are they only looking at Kansas City (their ad doesn't say). Also, $50 is a pittance for animal care which may last many years. Yes, they may be serious, but they either haven't thought this through very much (as I did), or they're ripping people off. Just think how much you spend of animal feed in a year. Now add in medical care, and time for socialization (walking, playing, etc). Plus, it appears they haven't quite thought of the actual legalistic aspects of this. Just saying. Pets are considered property. I'd go through the whole list of things needed, but I won't here in case they are vanity checking through Google. I've thought about a lot of this stuff. If they do find my blog through googling, dudes, you need to find yourselves a good probate lawyer if you're really serious about this. They'll help you with much of the business side of this. You're going to need bank accounts and escrow mechanisms. Pay pal ain't cutting it (except to fleece the masses).

Margle. I need to finish this book before somebody takes the other jokes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. There are a finite number of word combinations in the universe, and other people are using them up for their own novels as we speak.
[Joking]

Steve Buchheit said...

It's not the words I worried about, it that somewhere there are a few thousand monkeys at a few thousand keyboards cranking out all my jokes! And that it was a good idea (although I can show prior art to them).