There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Random Things (more than five)

It seems to be a meme lately. Some random thoughts of the day.

1) Writing thought. It's been almost three years since I got the idea for this novel, and I'm still psyched to write it. That's so frickin' cool. I just need to carve out more time to write it.

2) Health thought - TMI. You know, it's now afternoon (written about 1:00pm) and I haven't pooped yet today. What's up with that? (situation corrected, in case you cared)

3) Work thought. Work is getting deathly slow again, I still don't have my new platesetter, the new iMac I'm going to use still sits in boss' office in box for the past two weeks, am I going to be laid-off or fired?

4) Money thought. Bank account is below my comfortable zone, but still in wife's comfortable zone. Lots of expenses yet this summer. Are we going to make it through to fall?

5) Work Related Thought. Asphalt Seal Coating? Wow, I mean it was bad enough when they clubbed the seals to death, now they're coating them in asphalt?

6) Newsworthy Thought. The Butcher of Srebrenitza has been arrested, and for a small part of me, I'm happy. Only a few more steps until he's tried for genocide, or as he called it (and popularized the term) ethnic cleansing. Do they still hang people for genocide at the international court? I hope so. Normally I'm not very blood thirsty, but Radivan defaulted on his payments to the humanity of the world a long time ago.

7) Political Thought. Getting tired of the oil controversy. Here's a link to a NPR story this morning about the oil leases and why opening the coastal shelf won't do anything. It's worth the listen.

5 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

What is it about men that they have to poop so often and that they THINK about poop so often?!

:)

Steve Buchheit said...

Random Michelle K, well, you know us boys. You can tell if we're healthy if our noses are cold and wet and counting our BMs.

Anonymous said...

opening the coastal shelf won't do anything...

Anything good, you mean.

Anonymous said...

PS-- your nose can count?!?!?

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, yes it can. Can't yours? :)