I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Break and then Working Hard Weekend

Well, took a break on Friday night to watch the opening ceremonies. I didn't plan to, but it just kept me looking at the spectacle. Yesterday was supposed to be a goodbye party for the nephew heading out to USC. Unfortunately, the father-in-law refused to leave, so we ended up not going down (long story). Instead we went to the movies with wife and sister-in-law. We saw The Dark Knight. How the heck is that PG-13?

Lots of things going on in that movie, and for me, lots of laugh out loud moments (mostly from Heath Ledger's Joker). But the thing is intense. Very much so. The bat cycle didn't work for me (seemed too cartoonish). The lead up to the final confrontation with the Joker went on way too long. Over all it was a good movie though. Lots of subtlety happening (like how many people caught that the Joker knows who Batman really is). I'll probably end up asking for the DVD for Xmas.

Then we had dinner at Red Robin. I'll leave it at I only tipped 10%. That's rare for me.

So that left today to make up for all my avoiding work. Finished a few variants of logos for an old client and emailed them off. Then hung pictures around the house after all the painting was done (hung six new frames, had to use the ladder). CLRed the washing machine to help with tub drainage. Then I replaced the gasket in the dishwasher. That was fun. The main open area of the door wasn't bad. But under the door, where I couldn't see what was going on was a big pain. Took me twice as long to do those little pieces as it took me to do the rest of the door. Damn those Chinese and their little nimble fingers. It's been storming on and off since last night so no yard work could be done (the lawn really needs mowing, branches need lopped and chainsawed). There's always next weekend.

This week has meetings and more work work work.

So, hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: