I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crazy Two Weeks

What a crazy two weeks it's been. Up and down, left and right. The day thing has long tracks of not much to do (hey, I've been doing well with the blogroll), followed by "we need these before you go" requests. Good thing is that this means overtime, but not that much, four to six hours a week. Council has been up and down, and I've been dragging my feet on some emails and reports I need to write. Then there was Confluence, fun but took a whole weekend. Family obligations. And a major rewrite of a story (hopefully I can tell you all about it soon). Too many late nights and early mornings.

The next few weeks promise to be just as crazy. And I've just realized how much of the summer is done and gone.

So, you surface for a moment, breathe out as you come up, fill your lungs once cleared of the water and plunge back in.

Hope your all lives are going a bit more smoothly.

No comments: