I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everything is my fault.

There are days like this in the universe where everything is my fault. Can't find your car keys? My fault. Russia invades Georgia and keeps troops active after they promised to withdraw? My bad. Your star implodes a few million years earlier than predicted because of the presence of too many mini-black holes? Look no father, it's me. The coach-a-bower drives by? Yeah, they probably asked me for directions because Google screwed up.

It's one of those days.

5 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

No no no!

It's JIM'S fault! Everything!

He's the... umm... jerk?

Anonymous said...

The right-handers of the world are just trying to hang it all on you because you're a leftie.

Of course, in Jim's case, they are more than justified. After all, he swears like a sailor and he's a tree snob. Not only that, but he's PROUD OF IT.

You, on the other hand, embrace diversity (at least biodiversity)and I cannot recall ever hearing you swear. :-D

Steve Buchheit said...

Random Michelle K, well, Jim is a jerk, but not everything can be his fault. I mean, sure, he's working on being Universal Emperor, but still a guy has to sleep.

Sheila, well, he was a sailor. It was kinda part and parcel of the whole sailor gig. And yeah, tree snob.

I try not to swear too much. I reserve it to swear for effect.

Anonymous said...

Hold it a minute. Did I say "sailor"? I should have said "Yankee sailor."

My dad was in the Royal Navy, and in the 26 years he was with me, I heard him swear exactly twice: once when he broke a bone and another time when he cut himself and he needed his hand stitched back together.

Sorry, Dad. I should have been more specific.

Steve Buchheit said...

Sheila, I was there with ya, but then I know your Dad served in Her Majesty's Royal Navy.