I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MARGLE!

So the guy was checking our furnace and of course, he found something. The heat exchanger has rusted and is exchanging air as well as heat causing incomplete combustion and soot. Replacing the heat exchanger, because it's rusted it won't be warrantee, is just slightly less than getting a whole new furnace (the time to remove everything in front of it, plus parts). So $2-3000 for the whole thing. Just fargin' fantastic.

Plus I need to do another repair that I knew I should have done long ago and add louvers to the utility room door.

And the dishwasher. And the hot water tank. And the cement outside. And the roof is getting old.

Excuse me while I go kick cats.

2 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

Kick cats, that line busted me up Steve. I have a big 2-3 thousand dollar sprinkler system overhaul on my plate this fall. Lovely this home ownership thing.

I feel your pain.

Steve Buchheit said...

Ken, that would suck as well. And glad I could provide some humor. Yeah, we were doing well for a while there. I was looking to not put as much money into the house this year, but it seems the universe had other plans.