I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Misc Other Things from the Past Week

Received two rejections, both form letters. So I'll need to find some markets for a story and a poem (might rewrite poem first).

Moved to final proof for client brochure. Hopefully will hear good things on Monday.

Misunderstood some budget information for the Village and panicked a little. I'm better now.

Feeling a little better about things in general. Might be the drug working, finally. Or it could be the general accomplishments of the past week.

Also, finally put the iMac on my desk at work (yippie). It's a big one. And now that my video display is in focus, I realize I need new glasses. One of the industrial hazards of graphic design is failing eye sight (that and bad posture which leads to sore backs). Hopefully I'll be able to get new lenses this fall.

Edit 08-04-08 8:23pm Forgot to mention I won a book from Ken McConnell. Yeah me! Thanks Ken.

Hope your week was just as productive.

If you want a good giggle, check out the new Old Spice commercial. I haven't heard it yet (normally mute the TV during commercials), but I've seen it a few times. Starts off with a guy in the shower using their new wash product, and the guy turns out to be a centaur. Beautiful chick in robe comes in at the end. Yes, I know what they're saying here, it's very obvious (can't we be a little teasing anymore, huh guys?). Anyway, what makes it hilarious is that the horse body they put his torso on is obviously a mare, not a stallion. So just like a Ken doll, this guy has no dangly parts. Makes the whole commercial a laugh riot.

4 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

You won a free book.

Steve Buchheit said...

Ken! Hey, yeah, I did do that. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

So what is the message of the Old Spice commercial? I would guess "chicks will like you better if you're part horse."

I haven't seen the commercial yet, but I laughed just reading your description of it! ; - D

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Sheila, well, yeah. Or at least that's what some boys think (the ones that might fall for the pheromone high-karate/axe body spray stuff). :)