I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ohio SF is coming to kick your @$%! (In a nice readerly kind of way)

Oh, and if you're looking for great SF-shoot 'em up fun (with Zombies!), today is the release day for Tobias Buckell's latest romp, Sly Mongoose.

Tobias read the first chapter at Confluence last year and I've just go to say, it's very cool. Floating cities, individual atmospheric insertion rigs, and a hard landing. Plus Pepper! Woohoo!

This book is definitely on my Xmas Wish List (in case I don't go all yuppie drunk crazy, continue to leak money and go buy it myself before-hand). I'm also hoping for many contests (you know what I'm like for book contests).

Oh, and this other guy, John Scalzi, you may have heard of him (Campbell, Nebula, a technorati rating the rest of us would kill for), he's got his latest book out as well.

If you're near Ann Arbor, Dayton, Lexington, or Columbus you can check them both out in one fell swoop. John and Tobias together are a hoot, by the by. Two smart people doing smart things and cracking smart jokes.

No comments: