I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, August 25, 2008

Six Random Things Make a Blog Post

Finished compiling the edits for Robert's Thunder and I'm kind of stuck on a direction to go. Many of the comments included items such as, "bloodless," "main character seems emotionally distant," "good wham-bam action," some technical notes that means I need to explain the action and technology of the universe more or at least better, and the "could sell to an specific antho (or a market I've already tried)." So this would end up being more of a full rewrite. I'm not sure if I'm up for that.

Haven't heard from the dishwasher installers (starting to get impatient). Got a message from the furnace guy, mostly, "bad news," but no actual figures. Updated some drivers on the computers so things will work (I stole my wife's mighty mouse and gave her my wheel mouse, but the drivers on the disk wouldn't run with the new OS).

It rained yesterday, but not enough. Lots of thunder though. Our rain barrel was getting very low. The rain recharged about one-fifth of it. I've already poured that on the tomato plant and some of the flowers in the front bed (they were wilting). We have a 50% chance on Wednesday.

Found a green reflective dot on my mail box today. We don't know what it was for, so I removed it. The little bastard took some paint with it. So now my brain is consumed with scenarios of what it was intended to mark our house for; poor tippers, might have something good to steal, Sunday newspaper delivery, crazy man lives here, the Secret Service Super-Rendition Teams to stop here in case of nuclear attack? I don't know.

Delivered the brochure tonight. I don't have the final bill, yet, so I don't know how much I'm in arrears for. Client then asked me to design for them some notepads. Okay. We can do that.

I'm already tired of the coverage of the Democratic National Convention. And what a friggin' nightmare to look at security. I wonder just how much more will be around the RNC? Reminds me of having to practice my Boris Badinov accent. "Papers, please. Now we get Moose and Squirrel."

No comments: