I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet Esoteric Order of Dagon, WTF is this?

(via Matt Staggs) Someone has been naughty and I really wish they would have been nice. They made a travesty movie called "Cthulhu." As most of you know, I have a deep and abiding interest in such subjects. However, this isn't about Cthulhu, this is about the Deep Ones. From "Shadow Over Innsmouth" (if memory serves) comes this retelling. Certainly HP's writing would need to be 1) modernized and 2) have real dialog added, but I'm not sure this is the movie that does it well (take a look at the "awards" screen, recognize any of those? I didn't even know there was an HP Lovecraft Film Festival). And can you really trust a movie that has the wrong frickin' title?

When will someone make "At the Mountains of Madness" (although wiki says it's for 2010)? When I saw the opening of the trailer to "Aliens vs Predator" I was all happy, until I saw what it was really about? I guess "Shadow Over Innsmouth" is one of the few stories that could be made into a movie easily (most would make excellent short films, although some of the FXs budget would be exceedingly high, "Color Out of Space" anybody? "Rats in the Walls"? " "The Dunwich Horror"? Although Night Gallery did "Pickman's Model") Although looking at the wiki article on HP, I guess a lot of his stories have been adapted ("Shadow" and "Dunwich" being the most adapted stories). I'm so behind the times.

No comments: