I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Five random things making a blog post (the brain-fog edition)

I have a cold. It's one of those summer head colds and I blame all the little precious germ factories I was around over the weekend. Those little booger-headed kids left behind their demon spore, and I had the unfortunate luck to pick it up. Bastards. But oh the joys of Nyquil.

Note to Joe Biden, you're going to come off as the dick in the debate, no matter what you do or how nice you try to be. Accept that you'll be the bad guy, you can't escape it. Embrace it and mop-n-glo the floor with Palin.

Also, listening to the delegates and the speeches at the RNC (not much, after awhile I can't stand the spinning of the room), wow. Persecution complex much? Seriously, you all, get help. And people talk about Steve Job's reality distortion field, I can see the waves of reality distortion spreading out from the convention like those mutagen waves that came off the Statue of Liberty in the original X-Men movie.

They're supposed to install the new dishwasher today. We are to be first on the list. We'll see. We're slowly working toward the new furnace. We have two options, one just below $3000, one a little over. Because we have horizontal venting, we need to go with a high-efficiency unit, which is okay because that's the way we would have gone anyway. The smaller unit, which will require the most sheet-metal work, but is also the less expensive unit, is also Energy-Star compliant, where as the larger unit isn't At first blush, both will put out the same BTUs and move the same amount of air. I need to look at the technical papers a little closer.

Did I mention I have a cold? Oh, yeah, I did. Little booger-faces. This weekend I don't have anything scheduled (that I know of) so I'm going to spend most of it relaxing. The past few weekends have all been a little crazy. I need to finish up some plans for the fall, re-examine the budget. In the mean time I have to mow the lawn (damn rain last week), clean up, and prepare for the general council meeting next week.

No comments: