I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I broke everything new again

My political snark for the the day (and yes, I'm going to try and keep it to just one), "Gee, I didn't know the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve were reassigned to the Faith-based Initiatives cabinet position."

Yesterday I heard the best line, "This is all Clinton's fault." I laughed in their face and said, "You know, after seven-years I think you could have come up with a better excuse by now."

And then I saw the Daily Show repeat of Tuesday night's show, where Gov. Palin talked about "fixin' the economy" by "getting government out of (it)." Um, yeah. Maybe she's missed it that the current crisis was the outgrowth of relaxed regulations.

So as the DJI dives for cover, and banks are charging each other higher interest rates than they have for the past 9 years, Wall Street in general is duck and covering waiting for the next shoe to drop, what we really need to do is continue the Phil Gramm plan and completely deregulate.

Everything old is new again.

No comments: