I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Also sprach Slushgod

John Joseph Adams is doing it again. This time (well, okay, I'm still behind in my bloggeroll, but hey, I've got a lot in there) he reprints Editorial Roundtable: A Discussion with Three of the Top Editors in Science Fiction and Fantasy with some good advice on how to get out of the slush (always a rip roaring topic that boils down to "write a damn good story they want to publish"). Haven't read it through yet, but John's good at getting to the topic, so I'll be it's the bomb (noted here for me to read later).

On top of that, he has 21 Blogs Writers Should be Reading. I have many of these, although there's some new ones (to me). Oh man, at this rate I'll never reach the end of the internets.

And not John Joseph Adams, but an interesting raconteur (I love that word BTW) himself, now becoming frequent commentator Ferrel "Rick" Moore's blog, the Writer and the White Cat, has been jazzing my creative juices since I discovered him doing research for ConClave. You all should check him out. He's been posting some good advice for killing vampires, and we can all use that.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I'd never heard about the 21 Blogs. I'm adding everyone of them to my list! Thanks for the heads up.

And now I'm posting about werewolves, since my female visitors were complaining that I was destroying their vampire fantasies.

And hey, were you thinking about Penguicon yet?

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, they're 21 blogs JJ Adams thinks are important to follow, not like it's canonical or anything.

Yeah, I was noticing the women thought you were trouncing all over their mojo.

I've been thinking about Penguicon, and hey, Wil Wheton is GoH. I also know a lot of people that go there. Right now it depends on how the economy goes. Today was another financial "sock it to us." Makes the fourth or fifth one this year, and there's been very little overtime (which is how I normally finance these things). I should know by Xmas. And hey, I do know where it's going to be.

I am going to Confusion, which is also in Detroit, at the end of January. I think Jeff Beeler caught me at a week moment and I think I volunteered to be a panelist.

Rick said...

Ha! You got snaked as a panelist! I'll be in the audience cheering you on. Had fun meeting you the last time and maybe this time we can get Stewart and Chuck to come along for dinner.

Loved your post on William's blog, by the way. Marvelous example.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, I haven't seen anything on paper, but he took my email address and said something about programming. Roped in again.

I don't know, if we have all of us in the same room I think alarms will be going off in some Ft. Meade office.