I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Arrives Without a Suitcase

Here at ConClave. Made it in one piece. Welcomed by Jody Harrow, who is a nice guy. Had dinner with Mer, Julie, and Mary Lou at the Big Boy next door. Realized I forgot notes for 8pm panel Mythology and Fantasy (the one I'll need notes for). Cramming.

Need to remember all those authors who have written in other mythologies than the traditional English/Northern European as well as the Hero's Journey steps. Will make point about how mythology gives us structure and form, also informs us how to tell a story.

Now I need to find that Scientific American article on the power of story, and why it works. One of the things I forgot and didn't make a bookmark for (me, what can I do with myself).

Hope your day is going better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoped it all went well last night. Have fun with your panels today!

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, thanks, except for being up until 4am, it went fabulously. Hopefully today I won't face plant in the carpet today. It's going to be a long one.