I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I feel happy, I think I go for a walk

I'm in that weird weight area between belt notches. Where I have had it for the past six months is too loose, and my pants fall down causing me to do a reverse Picard Maneuver every few minutes. Setting it down one notch is too tight and I feel like I'm wearing a 1" wide corset. But, good problem to have as I'm still losing weight. Although most of it has been from my ass, not my stomach.

Plus I've had my shirts long enough that they've shrunk a little, so the combination mid-drift and butt-crack just isn't appealing, you know. What to do. What to do. Fortunately I have some long t-shirts for this weekend. T-shirt and blue jeans are my writer's armor.

The big-d is still there, although it's not a constant. I can feel the edge when I go over. Sometimes when it's getting stressful I almost want it, big-d is the absence of feeling that can be easier than the gut-wrenching turmoil of other stresses. But I can fight it. Don't think I'm ready to go off the drugs just yet. Maybe in January when I see my doctor again.

The intestinal tract, though, is causing some problems. They're mostly side effects from the metformin. I certainly hope they abate for the weekend.

I haven't had pop here at work for two weeks. Some days I go without caffeine until
I get home and there have been days I've gone without that. In total for the past two months I think I've had 8 liters of pop in total (includes the 2 liters last weekend from Mom's). Go me. This weekend, though, promises to see me go off the plan.

No comments: