I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Bloggeroll Ketchup

Down to 215 unread messages. But then I'm going to ConClave tomorrow. It was a valiant attempt.

Matt Jarpe, who is a cool dude even if he did single-handledly cause the collapse of our modern economic system and the ensuing chaos beyond that, talks about his ideas for finishing a novel. Definitely worth the read.

Joshua Palmatier, also a cool dude, talks about books signings. Josh has the reported ability to sell books by simply being in a bookstore, a rare talent indeed. I say "reported ability" because while we've all heard tales, very few have claimed to actually see it happen. Oh, and his main points of advice work for much more than signings (something I hope to be able to do someday). "Go with no expectations. Be yourself. Have fun."

6 comments:

Rick said...

Hey Steve. Enjoyed visiting your blog today. I haven't heard of either of the two people in this blog, but I'll look them up. Sounds like interesting stuff.

Rick said...

Oh yeah, I'll be at Conclave too with William, Stewart and Chuck. Hope to see you there. I'll be the normal one in the group. Really.

Ken McConnell said...

Once again you have come pup with internet gold. Thanks for panning the blogs for me Steve!

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, hey, thanks for stopping by. I'm pleased to introduce you to Josh and Matt, both cool guys. I checked out your blog earlier this week. I think it's really cool you've been on actual ghost hunts. There's a group down in Youngstown I've been thinking of joining, but I'm sure it'll come up in the one writer panel I already have a full plate. But I keep seeing their events and thinking, "that could be a fun evening."

Ken, no worries. I try and help. The best thing about the internet is the notion of interlinking and getting previews or recommendations. I wish I could read more of the blogs (and many of the links). And I wish I could comment on more blogs (sometimes it's feeling like I don't have anything to contribute, sometimes it's a time issue).

Anonymous said...

Matt Jarpe is a good guy and an excellent writer.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, yes he is. Radio Freefall is still in my guilt stack (which is growing), but I do plan to get it read soon (before his next book comes out).