I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, October 24, 2008

Progress, such as it is

The crappy draft zero of History of Lightning is done. I started at 3443 words and now it's 3995 words, with some rewriting in the beginning (about 50-100 words rewritten). The ending isn't strong, and it'll need to be fixed. The front needs some reworking.

But it's done.

Now I can fix it later, or start something else. I think I should work on something else.

We're soon to break for dinner. I have that after story blah feeling. Need to get over that quickly and get "inspired" (read, put my ass in gear instead of feeling burnt out from the past few weeks).

No comments: