I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, October 13, 2008

Rejection Mondays

Fiction Editor Jed Hartman over at Strange Horizons sends word they're passing on Prince Wanted. Letter is short and to the point, not sure if it's a form or not. It just says they're not going to accept it for publication. Fair cop.

I know where I'm going to send it to next. So I'll give it another once over and send it back out (hopefully tonight).

edit I wrote this earlier today, but as you can tell by the time stamp, the day went down the crapper (too much to explain why, and it's not at all pleasant). I haven't had a chance to re-read Prince Wanted. I want to before I send it in to Abyss & Apex. Tomorrow is meeting night, so might not happen then. Hopefully by Wednesday.

edit the duece Ah, it appears that A&A is closed for submissions. :( And the crappy day just keeps rolling.

I should say that the crappiness of the day does not relate to the rejection. It has everything to do with the day and first night job.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Hey, Steve. Sorry to hear about the rejection. It just means that its going to go somewhere that appreciates it. I can't wait to read it after it's been published.

Some days I'd rather get rejected than do re-writes, though!

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Rick. The rejections are bad. Heck, I'm used to them. It's why I even have a blog tag for them. I like to get more personalized rejection letters, but with all the kerfluffle over them lately, I'm not terribly worn out by not receiving one.

And yeah, rewrites are much harder. Although, I've been getting parts of the new frame scenes for that story. Some of it pretty good.

Steve Buchheit said...

That should be "the rejections aren't bad."

I have to rewrite a post about rejection. That has to be bad.