I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Wrapup and Other Thoughts

I didn't get what I wanted done, but I did finish up "History of Lightning" and did one round of edits. There's two things I need to fix with it, but they're doable. And I think they'll add interest in the story. Took a poem to finish and submitted it. Wrote and submitted two blog entries for the Miskatonic University blog contest.

Was way too distracted by life and work to get into the flow. Didn't sleep well, still tired.

Since I didn't have my standard stations available in Michigan (yeah, I know about satellite radio, but I really object to paying for it, heck, I hate paying for cable TV - but then I have crappy cable TV) I went channel surfing. There is a radio station in Michigan that is already playing Xmas Music, 24/7. OMG. Surely, this is a "the year has been so crappy, you all need a little Christmas right now," marketing thought. I wonder what year it will be when we have the Christmas shopping/music season start in April?

Took me 7.5 hours to get there because of the late start which made me hit traffic at the wrong times. The drive home was only 5.5 hours, and that includes going an extra 45 minutes eastward to home.

No comments: