I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, October 20, 2008

What Is This?

This week all three NPR stations I can listen to are having their fall fund drive. And the station I stream at work has also just started their drive. I'm in my own private little hell.

On the plus side, the Merry Christmas ride through the skies as the flack guns try and bring me down part, is on Thursday night I'm off to the other side of Michigan for the Feral Writers Retreat. Cool people, cool place, cool water, cool time. I have been so looking forward to this. At last year's retreat I push out an obscene amount of wordage for being their for so short a time. This year I'll have an extra day of writing. Yippie! I was hoping to have "History of Lightning" at draft zero before going, but I don't think that's going to happen (but I'm going to try, all depends on the extra stuff happening at home). So, I guess I'll probably finish that out there and then start on the next thing.

5 comments:

Rick said...

Hey, I missed this earlier post! Now I'm off to check out the Feral Writers Retreat. Thanks for the lead.

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, well, it's invite only. This will only be my second year there, so I'm still the juniorist member. But those kinds of quotes go on all the time, those are just the those that can stand alone.

Random Michelle K said...

The on-line public radio station I listen to just finished it's pledge drive.

WDUQ in Pittsburgh. News & Jazz.

Anonymous said...

And why does my beloved NPR suddenly start playing the *worst music they play all year* right during their pledge drives?

Have fun on the retreat.

Steve Buchheit said...

Random Michelle K, so you back in Beulah Land. Next week I'll be there.

Camille, I think it's related to "Why does PBS play concerts I have no interest in when they have their pledge drives, instead of the regular programing that I like?"