I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wictory!

Okay, so instead of wallowing in my own wretchedness, I downshifted into poetry, knowing I could finish one of the several starts I have.

And I did so. I took a little sound poem and pushed it out to (what I hope is) publishable status. A poem of twelve lines, two stanzas, mixing a little Bradbury and eastern Buddhist tradition with a dash of sorrow and baked well.

And it's off to Goblin Fruit (one of the better designed online markets). They gave me a good rejection letter to my last submission there. Hopefully they'll find this more fully realized.

So here's to small victories. I can have my beer tonight with a (somewhat) clearer conscious.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Congrats, Steve. I hope the poem sells. And nice to see that the Buddha upped his game enough to hang out with the great Bradbury!

Camille Alexa said...

Tried to post thi a couple times. Fail and fail. Here goes:

YAY! for poetic victories!

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, thanks, so do I. Yeah, it is about time they got together.

Camille, I'm sorry about that. I had hoped blogger had solved their issues. At the retreat this weekend there was talk of cross posting to LJ through RSS feeds, but I haven't been able to figure that out yet.