I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

30% Chance of Light Blogging

Before it all gets away from me, I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy the holiday with friends and family (born into or chosen).

I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've been afforded this year, all the friends I've gotten to know/meet/hang-out with (online and off), that (so far) I've been able to meet my obligations (fiscal and time wise), and that I've been able to have a good time. I'm thankful I'm not in the grips of the big D anymore.

I'm grumble and gripe a lot, but I am a fairly content and accepting person. My regrets for the year include not being able to help my friends and even some people I don't know at all in more meaningful and supportive ways, letting my good nature allow others to roll me over, and not working harder on the writing.

But as we approach the holiday I'll be in and out with little time to be online. Today the RSS feeder says there's 23 posts I should read. I'm thankful I'm back into a mode where I can comment more on my friends blogs. I have a feeling next Monday morning I'll be back to over 300.

I'll probably have a few more posts to get out today and over the long weekend, but I wanted to make sure to say I'm thankful you all are my friends. Thanks, friend.

No comments: