I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, November 24, 2008

The money post

This is also in consideration of the previous post and I did mean to bring it up earlier.

Demonstration of this year's economics:
I'm an hourly employee at the day job, which means I have the patience of the Buddha, after all they're paying me by the hour (overtime is a nice thing, I haven't had it most of my life). If I take my hourly wage and multiply it out by 2080 (40x52), I get what my "salary" would be (before deductions of taxes, union dues, retirement, and health care). So in 2007 I had made as much as my annual salary by the first or second week in August. This year I just passed that mark last Friday.

If I include all the pro-bono work and the barter work I would have my best freelance year ever (too bad the IRS considers my freelance a hobby).

No comments: