I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Other Story Research

If you write military SF, you could do worse than read Defense Tech. Especially when they run articles about the cutting edge military research. Sure, some of this stuff has already made it into some SF, but here's some more material.

3 comments:

Rick said...

I've never written any military SF, Steve, but I'm going to follow your suggestion and track Defense Tech down and look it over. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm assuming it's a magazine, right?

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Rick, they're a blog. While I don't agree with their politics (which tend toward the insular right-wing aka, only the republicans love the military), they do have some cool links and their analysis, at least to me, tends to be right on, and based on real experience. They're also able to change their minds about things when they get more information. It's also good place to keep up with the lingo.

Rick said...

Thanks, Steve. I'll give it a check. The political stuff won't bother me since I don't pay attention to it- I'm neither anti-military nor pro-military- so I should be able to learn a few things. Thanks.