I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The rumors of my demise...

... have been somewhat less than accurate.

Sorry about going stealth there, didn't exactly plan that. Nothing bad happened, just ran out of time, and then didn't have access to wifi or internet access at the hotel (normally there's free wifi in the lobby, but I just couldn't get connected and didn't have much time to work it out).

And this con I didn't have nearly enough time. The two panels I was on went okay, I think I need to write posts about each with examples and extra things I wish I could have said. There were lots of scheduling conflicts and then spent time jabbing with people I missed panels I wanted to see. Stayed up way too late each night, only to get up early. My room was next to the elevators and across from two party rooms, so, yeah, not much sleep. My conversation and personality was less than spectacular, IMHO, this year. Sorry about that everybody. Lots of bad news the last two weeks (work, etc).

Also, the night before the con the little kitty found out just how fun an empty bath tub can be. Thud, scamper, mew, lather, rinse, repeat. She ain't the sharpest crayon in the box, you know. Vivian (the mama) is still recovering from her spaying on Friday and trying to avoid Cleo who for a while didn't quite recognize her Mama's need to be left alone.

So, hi you all. Will need to spend time catching up with you all. Will also need to spend time writing. Here's hoping this economy is starting to turn. And how many of you still get that secret smile when you hear the phrase, "Today, President Obama..."? I still do.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

We all just thought you'd safely fallen down a well.

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, well, I did, and the cats just aren't as effective as Lassie.