There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Writerly Writing Updatery

Was hoping to go into the weekend with some good news (hope springs eternal!), but it doesn't look like that will happen. It is to sigh ::melodramatic falling on a fainting couch, back of hand to forehead::

Instead I'll have to be my gruffy, old self. BWAHAhahaha.

The weather looks like it's going to be another cold, cold weekend. Fabulous. Last year on the way back, I ended a cell phone call with, "Whoops, car is freezing over, gotta go." ::click:: Hopefully it won't be that bad. I'll need to remember to ask for the late checkout this year (that certainly helped last year).

Also this weekend is the writing group. I have a lot of stuff to read and critique, and not a lot of time to get it done in. Hopefully I'll be able to get one read through done, and then do markups and comments off the cuff during the meeting. I'm going to play this by ear, though, as I haven't had a weekend that we had nothing to do and I'm feeling it. So if the batteries are as low as I expect they might be, I'm just going home.

In other writing news, on the recommendation of Mur Lafferty of I Should Be Writing, I checked out Grammar Girl's podcast. So far I'm enjoying all the back issues. And, as you know Bob, I can always use more tips on grammar. They're short, less than 10 minutes, and always to the point. Which is good, with my, you know... oh look, shiny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one likes their batteries low.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, I need to upgrade to the NiCad rechargables. Continuing to replace these alkaline AAs is getting ridiculous.