I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Submission Thursday

Well, finally got off my duff and finished some rewrites. My flash piece, Prince Wanted, is the first out of the gates. It's off to a little known place called Abyss & Apex. But I hear they're good. :)

Good luck little story.

I was informed a half-hour before clocking out that tomorrow would be my day off. We're on a 5/4 day (40/32 hour) per week schedule now. Thank you wonderful economy. So I'm not really geared up to do anything, but I'll try edits and writing to fill up the day. I also need to do some cleaning. There's some critiquing that I may need to get on top of. And then there's the sleep. Gotta catch up with the sleeping, which I haven't been able to do for a few weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for submissions! And have a good friday off. 3-day weekend, eh?

Jim Wright said...

Go, little story, go!

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Todd. Yeah, at least I got that. Would be better with only two things. 1) That I had more than a day's notice and 2) I could use my vacation time to cover the days. This not being paid during the shortest month (paid weekly) is going to suck eggs. Makes me want to take a cat-o-nine tails to the sales department when I see them all the time. (especially since two competitors have essentially closed up shop, they had to have at least a few clients we could pick up).

Jim, thanks. And yeah, go little story go.

Anonymous said...

Good on ya for the submissions!

And also good on ya for planning to fill up the day after you catch up on your sleep. Especially the edits and writing part!

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Sheila, I did much sleeping in, not so much editing and writing yesterday. I did get some other chores done that had been waiting in the wings. Those things that take up brain space as I'm trying to write. So now there are less distractions.