I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph

Wherein Steve makes good on his photo obligations.

Because we had three piles just like this one:

I bought these (five 2x4x8 pretreated pine) and 30 screws:

And made this:

Sure, it looks easy. But it took me most of one night (notice how light it is with the 2x4s and the flash with the finished product). I made two mistakes. First, I thought I could attach the spacers with pocket screws. I tried to be too fancy for my own good and screwed up because I had the wrong length of screws. Measure twice, cut once, but first double check your supplies before spending a half hour drilling holes. And then I misjudged the pilot holes needed for the other screws and bound two of them in the wood (heads stripped trying to back them out). But I did it, it's done, and yes it's level. It's the driveway that isn't.

Oh, and because I've been admonished for not posting cat photos. Here's two more of the kitters.

This is Cleo (who still doesn't know her name, but she now is responding to "Baby", sigh, cats). That afghan was on the back of the rocking chair that she attempted to climb up on. This is the result (okay, I did uncover her from the afghan avalanche). She then took the opportunity and napped there for two hours like this.


And here is Vivian, wondering just what the heck I'm doing, hoping I don't wake Cleo from her nap with the flash so Vivian can get some peace.

You can see the shadow of her ear tuffs at least.

And here Steve gets himself into trouble by saying all the wood is stacked and out of the front yard (except for one piece we can't move very well, I'm thinking of either taking the chain saw to it, or turning it into a planter - was the stump of four trees that had grown together) and I should take a photo of all the stacks.

No comments: