I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Late night bingeing

Wow, crazy week. Besides all the other stuff, the day job, the night thing, the other night thing, the trees being taken down, and all that craziness, I also finished up (okay, well, got revision 1 done) of chapters 1-3 and a short synopsis of Bladesman down in phosphors. It's posted to the group site. I'll have to download the others' novels tomorrow and take a peak.

I'm so tired I can't tell if it's good or not. I guess I'll find out. And I'm having problems forming coherent paragraphs, so it's time for bed. See you all when the sun is so high.

Finally they posted next week's layoff schedule. I have Monday (good thing they posted the schedule before I went home). So maybe I'll be able to power through more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will be sleeping in on Saturday morning! You've done enough late-night stuff this week, and it's time to get some serious shut-eye!

Of course, I haven't taken my own advice. I was up late taking notes to work up a proposal and quote for some freelance writing. Guess I should take some of my own advice.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I didn't realize you were coming to the workshop. Otherwise my intro email would've said that three of the people going had met me in person.

That's a large percentage.

Should be fun.

Steve Buchheit said...

Sheila, I tried to sleep in longer, but it didn't work. So now I'm just messing around before getting back into work.

PollyC, well, I did really want to come. So when I had the opportunity to, I decided I wanted to take it. Even though I'm driving myself insane. I've done it for other jobs in the past, I made a promise to myself not to do it with the current day thing, but I never said I wouldn't do it for myself. Right now, writing is for myself. So I figured that with the deadlines, it would get me pounding out the words. And I was right.

Just in general, since I figured I'd do this about a week ago, I've pounded out 3000 words and rewrote another 3000 (some from ignoring the old writing and just starting from scratch, but I had already written the scenes once). I'm reaching the end of stuff I had out before, as this novel was the one in the worse shape. However, I choose this one because I feel it'll be the one that comes out (mostly) in order.