I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, March 27, 2009

Pretending like I know what all these little flashing lights mean

I've been toying with this for almost a year, but with the extra incentive, I've just sent it off to be printed. Again, sometimes I can stun myself with my design. Here, let me stun you. My business card.

2 comments:

sheila, who is not lurking today, said...

Oooooh! I REALLY like that card! It's way cool!

I've always thought the vertical orientation on a business card looks spiffier and more creative.

Well done!!!!!

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Sheila. I was pretty proud of it. Once the guy who is going to print it gave me a good deal if I went digital, the photo idea came like a shot out of the blue. Then it was just choosing the correct one. Worked on it longer than I should. The word "Coyote" is centered on the card, but the box with the full strength photo isn't, it's about a 1/32nd off so that it looks visually centered to the word. Then the other text had to be adjusted so it looked centered (which it isn't, but visually it looks like it is). The text treatment for the name and address was one of about, I don't know, fifty or so I tried. Eventually I had Bette pick it out. I just couldn't make up my mind. Then I tweaked the heck out of the type. If this thing was a car, it would purr like like a kitten on nitrox.