I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Nerves

Tomorrow is the Union Meeting where I'll hopefully have a better idea just what's going to happen in a few weeks. On Thursday the boss gave me a pep talk. I'm going from paranoia to hope as I try and parse out what he was trying to tell me. Of course I'm making myself insane attempting to read the entrails of the conversation and seeing meaning where there probably isn't any. He could have just been being a good manager by trying to head me off from diving over a cliff.

So today I ruined my body raking up the sticks, sawdust and chips left by the tree people. Raking leaves is enough of a chore in my yard. Add twigs and ripping up sod and moss, well, it wasn't fun. I used some of the dirt/chips left from the stump grinding (the trees in front we had built flower beds around them) to fill in some low areas in the yard. I'm going to have to buy some grass seed this week and spread it around. I didn't get up all the leaves (I still have the side yards to do), but I gave some hope to my beleaguered lawn. I'm not looking forward to the first mowing. By mid-summer I'm going to need a new blade.

Spending the rest of the day getting in some blog catching up and adding to the word count. In the middle of chapter six. About to compromise the hacker. Our guy has found himself trapped in the hacker's computer room and will be doing some quick thinking really soon. Or at least that's the plan. He might just skewer the hacker. Never can tell with characters. The writing is a bit more fluid than when I started. Listening to all those hard-boiled detective stories must be wearing off. But then that means I need to redo the first few chapters. Oh well. Nobody said this would be easy.

No comments: