I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Working Saturday

Chopped wood, carried water. That was pretty much the morning and afternoon, and no I'm not being literary or figural here. Although it was kind of in reverse, chopped water and carried wood. I'll need to post pictures later. Yes, I know I've promised a few photos lately, I need to deliver soon.

Now I'm reading my brains out. Maybe photos tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading is good!

Steve Buchheit said...

Critiquing maybe the more correct word. So it's work like.

Although I'm finally reading Steven Brust's latest as my "fun stuff." Enjoying it immensely, although I don't think it's his best stuff (so far), but it's still pretty good. When he's off his game he's still fun to read (and needless to say, still a damn fine writer/entertainer).

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Chopped ice and fed the woodstove?

I was hacking away at the mounds of snow today, willing them to melt. Hope the weather is warming up your way as well.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, it was cut through the mud with the wheelbarrow as I hauled wood to the pile. I need to take photos. Needless to say, my yard is ruined. (sob). But all of the wood is now stacked, if not split.

Think warm thoughts, Todd. Spring is on it's way. We were warm enough to have mud, so there is that. Spring in Ohio is the season of mud and flies (saw the first one today).