The physical manuscript, check, and cover letter are off to VP. I put those in the mail before I started the work outside yesterday.
What I had originally set out to do with the rain barrels is done. Of course when you start any project, there tends to be things that come up going down that road that alter one's plans. As is the case now. I need to create a ledge for the new rain barrel to hold buckets while filling. Also, Bette tells me that she does have to scoop out buckets of water so I'm going to make that ledge double as a step to get into the rain barrel. And like all major projects it's not complete unless I hurt myself someway. When cutting the rubber edging to put the downspout through, I lost control of the utility knife and took a divot out of my knee.
I'll also need to design and manufacture a new diverter for the old rain barrel. Once I have that in place I can finish loading up the drainage pan with stone.
Also finished up Chapter 13, the first of Act II. Word count now stands at 23182. Most of that is draft zero, so I expect it to expand a little which will place me just about where I thought I would be and where I'd like the novel to finish out at (60-90,000 words). But now I enter the long, dark, tea-time of the writer's soul. The dreaded "middle."