I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Looking for my lost shaker of salt

Finished third series of edits. Did a lot more than what I had marked up in red, so I think I was skating a little last night. I think once more through it should be good. I broke chapter four into chapter four and chapter five. Word count for chapters 1-5 now stands at 8738 (chapter five is spot on at 1000 words).

One more hard copy proof.

Very tired. It's been two weeks of midnights and then up at a little before 6.

Time for bed.

Almost forgot, some good news came in today. I'll share it when I can, but it did make me walk on sunshine before I stepped on a pop-top, blew out my flip-flop, and had to limp all the way back home.

2 comments:

vince said...

Glad you're making good editing progress, and loved the "Margaritaville" references.

Steve Buchheit said...

Vince, so am I (on both counts :) )