I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, August 14, 2009

Writerly Linkee-poo

Maggie Steifvater and her Giant Butt-Kicking How to Write a Novel Post. Linked to with full acknowledgement that I should be writing on this lunch break. (Grokked from fellow VPXII'er Catherine Schaff Stump)

A newly discovered tab over at Duotrope, Deadline Calendar. Lots of interesting markets there (themed anthos mostly). I think this page ROCKs, BTW.

Speaking of anthos, Writer Tamago (aka Catherine Schaff Stump, link above) points us at Drollerie Press' call for submissions to their anthos. If Ann takes a pass on History of Lighting I know where I'm sending it next (although both deadlines are next year).

Something very cool to me, The Soldier in later Medieval England: An exciting new AHRC research project with attendant database. (Grokked from Joshua Palmatier - BTW, happy book day, Josh)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo...new look to Storybones!

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Camille, yeah, I finally got off my butt and did it.