I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Scary and Writerly Linkee-poo

In case I'm not on the internets this weekend (I'm trying to limit myself as part of a "stop rewarding the procrastination and get more work done" plan, seriously, I haven't even posted pictures from VP yet), have a good Halloween everybody.

For the scary link tip of the hat to Halloween, The Danger of Celebrating Halloween. The danger here is that people still believe we live in 1692 and buy into this. Boo!

eBear (matociquala) discusses the progress of novel writing. Yeah, and all that.

Ken McConnell is having a book release party tonight. Good luck with the book, Ken.

Stewart Sternberg just sent off his novel to the editor. He also talks a little about how writers in movies end their novels and how writers in the real world do it.

Agent Kristin talks about some changes to contracts regarding e-royalties. Macmillan isn't a publisher one can sneeze at, so if they're trying to push something it might become "standard" across the board. Yet another argument of why you want an agent.

Eric over at Pimp My Novel talks about chasing trends. Sigh. And I really wanted to work on that Zombie Apocalypse Averted by Christian Vampires novel next. (Actually I'm wondering if the Post Rapture Industries novel may fall in there somewhere). Anyway, Eric's post is why you should write the novel you want to write and not worry about what's hot and what's not. Write the best damn novel you can. Of course this is contrary to John Scalzi's story of how he got into writing military sci-fi. I think the difference here, though, is one is theme and the other is gimick.

No comments: