I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire

Home again. Alive.

But only barely and for certain values of "alive."

House is still standing, cats are still here, nothing major changed (except the weather, who ordered the Winter Plate at this table?). Will need to crank on getting Halloween decorations out today, prepare for Village Council on Tuesday, get clothes washed, get working on the Wii (I've gained almost 10 pounds because of all the high fructose corn syrup -pop- consumption last week). Then get backs to the writing and critiquing (40,000+ words by Sunday). Oh, and maybe take a shower.

So, anything I missed, and how was your week?

4 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

If you can still write and crit, then your workshop either wasn't long enough or you didn't work hard enough. (grin)

You're supposed to be a blithering puddle right now. (double-grin)

Dr. Phil

Steve Buchheit said...

Dr. Phil, I didn't say it would be easy, just that it has to get done. I'm not so much eager as driven.

Plus, right now I'm in pain from working outside. Got up late and am ready for bed right now.

Rick said...

We missed you at Conclave, Steve. Had a lot of fun, though, and hope to see you next year.

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, wish I could have been there. And next year should be good (unless the economy goes completely down the crapper)