I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rejection amongst my fellow Hamsters

So, I'm at the wonderful home of a fellow hamster and we start asking about who was coming. I decided to check email to see who had said they were coming.

And that's when I get the email from Weird Tales that they're passing on A History of Lightning. Plus I realized I haven't sent out Prince Wanted from two weeks ago. Bad writer, no cookie. But it feels strange to receive a rejection just as we're about to start critiques. Kinda like wanting to say, "Why are you harshing my mellow?" I haven't had that feeling before. But, hey, timing is not the editor's responsibility. Plus, Ann was nice in her rejection and apologized for holding it for so long. At least in my own little mind I think she held it longer because she almost bough it. It's my delusion and I'm sticking to it.

But now I have to get back to the meeting.

No comments: