I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WIP it, WIP it good

Chapter 31 in the bag. Things are nice and screwed up. Some success in the previous chapter, major setback in this one. Although we now have a clue as to the solution. A big one. After all, what is a sword but a large spike of carbonized iron. New words, 1715, for a total of 54457.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Don't be a slacker, Steve. Get back to work. Sleep is overrated, although I'm about due for some myself. If I don't finish this werewolf novel I'm working on before January 31st I'm going to tie my shoelaces together every day for a month. That's the advantage of wearing loafers, you know.

Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah, this whole sleeping thing is getting in the way.

The end of the last chapter was rough getting out. Now that I'm beyond it more is floating in.

Todd Wheeler said...

Yeah! Keep writing! Which is what I should be doing. [exits stage right]