I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Late in the day post

Spent the day undecorating. Took down the tree, hauled in the outside decorations into the garage to dry. Getting things read for the delivery of the new couch.

There's still a lot of pain and this morning I slept till this afternoon. I really hope this pain stops sometime soon.

Outside the weather decided to range up into the thirties so we could pull up the stakes. The mud-stained snow tracked into the garage with the wire decorations. Rhythmic push-broom sweeps brushed it out on top of the snow piles. The inflatable snowman billows in solitary stance.

Did I mention the drugs?

Anyway, here's hoping tomorrow is a little more sane.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Man, I hope your pain totally disappears or that those drugs start working.

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, I really wish it would disappear as well. However, I don't think it's going to go without a fight.