I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday follies

The prednisone has run its course and I still have pain. The percocet is almost gone as well. This isn't good. So tomorrow we'll call the doctor and see what's to be done next. Pain is not a good way to live.

I certainly hope they find something soon.

Today we finished putting away the Xmas decorations. All boxed and stored away, awaiting another season. Note to self, I need to fix some of the light strings before next year.

Tomorrow we need to prepare for the couch delivery on Tuesday. That will mean some heavy lifting and cleaning. This week is almost fully scheduled with the addition of having to run various errands. And at the end of the week is Confusion in Detroit. I really wanted to be pain free for that, but now I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I forget, did you get prednisone spinal injections or did you take it in pill form. It was the injections that helped me. I hope your pain goes away soon.

Steve Buchheit said...

They were the pills. I also hope the pain goes away before this next weekend. It would suck to be in the bar and not be able to drink my usuals. One of the benefits of being in the hotel bar, I don't have to consider who's the designated driver.

Anonymous said...

What's the likelihood that this is a rotator cuff problem? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotator_cuff

Anonymous Cassie

Steve Buchheit said...

Cassie, that's what I thought at first. My regular doctor did the x-rays and came up with aggravated arthritis. The first day of the prednisone z-pack went pretty well, but since Friday it's been going downhill. Granted, I didn't really rest this weekend.

My guess is today's visit (if they're open MLK Day) will lead to an MRI.