There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, February 26, 2010

Disconnection Friday

Nonsequitur comic. Yeah. So feel like that guy. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Most of the jobs the past three days are reposts of older jobs. So this time I've done various levels of research and sent of direct emails to the decision makers. Not sure if it will help, but hopefully. There's a few positions not in my profession that I'll also need to apply to. Right now I'm in the middle of rewriting the resume to make myself appear more appetizing for those. I haven't done front office work since college, but I think I still could drive a desk pretty well.

Went online to look at the summer schedule for Lakeland. Yet another example of "gee, everything online is so much better," thinking. Really, tables are just fabulous when looking through large amounts of data and comparing multiple criteria. They're very easy. Unlike, say, formated paragraphs which tell me everything I've already preselected for.

Watching the Health Care Summit yesterday, my blood pressure went up appreciably. Today's argument, of course, was all about reconciliation and how it actually has been used, as compared to the rhetoric surrounding it (COBRA, Welfare Reform, Bush Tax Cuts I and II). Just small things to hear the minority tell it.

Snow has come again. Another snowmageddon record breaking storm. Spring will be here soon enough. And if past years are any gauge, by June we'll be wondering when the heat will break.

Sent poems off to a local contest run by the Akron Art Museum. Finished a full draft of Raas Xaafuun. I'll still need to run through it a few more times. Part of the disconnected feeling comes from this. I like it well enough, but it doesn't sparkle in my head either.

Yes, today is just a grand feeling of discombobulation. How's your day?

No comments: