I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, February 11, 2010

No more speed, I'm almost there

Just wrapped up some freelance work. Yep. It's past midnight. Ah, the joys of freelance. On the plus side it's looking like I'm still damn good with estimating. Tomorrow I expect a lot of rushing around. Another job that's due tomorrow, and I haven't heard anything about it since I quoted. Sure, it'll only take an hour, but it's not like it's an hour from the time you say, "go." And I have to figure out how to get a 57 megabyte file to the client in time for him to have lasers made and drive to the end client. More joys of freelance.

Spent time in the meeting tonight multi-tasking by upgrading my resume on Monster and filling out all the forms properly. Sigh. I think I'm going to go with plain text resumes for internet connections. Word just screws up, and RTF has a habit of going martian. Plus, you know, you have my resume. Why do I have to then also say, "here is my work experience, here are my skills." Read the damn resume. Also, some of the words the form makers use, as Inigo Montoya said, "I donna think they mean what you think they mean."

Now I need to wind down and get some sleep.

So, anything new on teh inetnets?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the fake Japanese commercial from Wednesday's Leverage show is on kfmonkey.blogspot.com - that's new.

Anonymous Cassie

Steve Buchheit said...

Next time I have broadband I'll check it out.