I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wasted days and wasted nights

Spending the night geeking out with Neil deGrasse Tyson (Pluto, and now 400 years of the Telescope). Creating artificial reference stars for adaptive optics. Damn. That's high geek.

Wanted to continue the speed of editing I had yesterday, but that didn't occur today. I did home stuff all day, including updating the iMac and backing up files. Also did laundry and cooked dinner. So busy, but not on what I wanted to be busy on.

Also applied at a few places I didn't think I would be applying to, including Home Depot. The Depot actually has an exam online as part of their application process. Sigh. Okay, so I did take a test for the Census, but Home Depot? Also applied to a place that requires using Corel Draw. I didn't even think they still made that thing. I have limited experience with it, but it's a vector program and I have plenty of experience using those. Yeah, I know, I'm a strange duck because I can apply knowledge to different places effectively. No, seriously, last time I was out of work I took software tests at a placement agency. I had never used InDesign before, but scored "Excellence" in using it because I know Adobe products, and I know page layout products.

So, tomorrow will hopefully see more editing.

No comments: