Okay, finished up some critiques so I could get back to the rewrite. Finished up another chapter, but discovered I had double counted one chapter. Sigh. So even with three chapters added to the rewrite, and about a 1000 extra words between them, my total number goes down a little. Margle!
The last two chapters, though, worry me. I didn't do much in the way of rewriting, more like repointing a chimney. Just adding a little mortar here and there. Not sure how good that makes them. Not sure what it says about my own rewriting skills. I don't think I'm phoning it in. Maybe now that I'm at the point that nobody else has read these parts I'm not paying as close attention. Or, said the more hopeful side of my brain, maybe this would be the point I got my act together and knew what direction I was headed.
I'm still hoping to go to the full novel critique weekend. I just wish I had a full time job together that I could be sure of my availability. I think it's the running into deadlines added to the uncertainty of the situation that's driving me insane at the moment. Margle again!