I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday in the future

Well, this morning my brain was on three different tasks and I mistook the 1/4" razor comb for the 1/2" comb. So now my hair is very, very short. Well, at least I didn't use the 1/8" comb (except for my beard, which was why I originally had the 1/4" comb out). Sigh. Another lesson in "mindful living."

I still like that I "cut" my own hair. Some of you may remember when I had a pony-tail. I really like to have longer hair, but I also really like "wash and wear" hair. In the morning I no longer need a few minutes to comb out the tail. I also don't miss it wiping around while I'm driving (I like to drive with the windows open). One day I'll probably grow my hair long again. Obviously it's not going to be this week.

Tomorrow is full of meetings. And there was a late call for a freelance gig. Unfortunately that means I needed to push the freelance back until Wednesday. Not good. But, with an attempt at rearranging all the times end up wrong (noon, or 4:45) instead of meeting bright and early on Wednesday morning.

And, oh look, now that it's warm the idiots on four-wheelers are out again. Yeah, keep zipping up and down the asphalt without helmet or any other gear.

On the positive side, the other night we hear a few coyotes in the fields out back. Sure, you might not think that was positive, but it is. I'm sure the farmer out back will not want to hear about it, and will go shooting up the night like Yosemite Sam on amphetamines. Like he does with the ground hogs that have infested his fields. You know, not realizing that the ground hogs are probably what brought the coyotes here in the first place (and probably the kill I heard that night).

So, at this point, we're probably not going to see a job offer before next week. And next week is the start of training for the US Census. Yes, they want me to be a crew leader (not what I wanted). Really was hoping to have to call them and say, "Sorry, have a full time job." Now it'll be more difficult scheduling interviews and getting time to look for jobs. It seemed like a good choice at the time, but now it doesn't look like such a good opportunity. Well, it'll give me a good trail of "look, I didn't just sit around while I was unemployed." Margle.

No comments: