I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Paucity of Over Scheduledness

Things are going to be very busy the next few days, so I might not be around so much on these here intertoobies.

Today the good prospect was supposed to be calling people, and I didn't get a ring-a-ding-ding. Maybe their schedule is slipping. Trying to remain positive. They will call, they will call, they will call. Soon.

The temp day thing continues apace. Just talked with my manager (who won't be for such for much longer as he found permanent employment) and asked him, "Okay, do you happen to have a Plan C?" (Just talked with him, we're going to punt and see what happens).

So, time to pack up the car with all the extra stuff and try to fall asleep as it's an early and long tomorrow.

2 comments:

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

It sounds like you've been a long time of transition. Always good for the nerves, don't you think. I once wrote in a novel "times of transition are necessarily fleeting". Boy, was I wrong.

Steve Buchheit said...

It's all transition, Stewart.