I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cons

Okay, so who is going to Confluence? I think the Hamsters will be there in force.

Also debating Context. Tobias is GoH, and I've been debating playing the fanboy roll (just because it'll be fun). I'm surprised the writing workshops aren't all closed out by now. They usually are.

And I think I'll be seeing plenty of you at World Fantasy.

Then there's ConClave coming up. There's a lot going on already in Write-tober (Feral Writers Retreat and WF and I'm sure a Hamsters meeting) that I don't know about adding one more (plus Fall means Anatomy and Physiology class).

Then for next year we have Confusion and Penguicon. Confusion I love. It's a great convention and Cherie Priest will be GoH this year. Sweet! And I keep meaning to get to Penguicon. Penguicon is certainly more doable than Wiscon (another con I keep wanting to get to).

Of course it'll also depend on when and how much travel is required for the new job. Which hopefully I will know once I start.

And since we're on writing:
Elizabeth has a few great links. And Mer talks about a lot of things including writing with being under contract.

No comments: