I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Okay, it's still "technically" Tuesday.

And, as usual, Jim Wright puts what I was trying to say on Memorial Day in better focus.

In other Jim News, Jim Hines got himself a starred review in Publishers Weekly for his latest book, Red Hood's Revenge. 'Bout damn time the rest of the world realized just how damn good a writer he is. During the crit weekend some comments were made about having a career as good as Jim Hines, to me that was a mighty fine compliment (as it was meant to be).

Jay Lake pulls together some posts on rejections. I take great solace in the fact that I've been reading Jay Lake's blog for only a short time, and I remember him talking about being rejected for stories he just submitted.

As noticed elsewhere (in many places), John Joseph Adams new mag Lightspeed is up and running. Go and be impressed. Very impressed.

And finally, Wiscon is over and I haven't attended, yet again. Debating Confluence (am edging toward yes). Just got email for Confusion (at which the Amazing Cherie Priest will be GoH).

Had first test tonight. Think I did well except for the practical, which I didn't not study. Margle. And I knew I should have answered one question one way, but since we hadn't covered it in the material, put the answer a different way (also correct, but so was the other option, and item "E" was both). And now it's nearly midnight, so off to bed with me.

No comments: